1. When you are online shopping, you should only shop at reputable stores. If the store does not have a good reputation, you may be requesting trouble. Many people have had their credit card and private information stolen from shopping on lower than reputable websites. Be careful and protect your private information.
2. Shopping online is a great way to save money because you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, which means you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
3. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are around the up and up and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. In addition, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials which can be terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there exists a problem.
5. When you're shopping online you need to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only buy from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by searching for reviews to them online.