1. If you're considering buying a product online, look into the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product should be able to give you a great idea about the product. You could possibly find out the caliber of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.
2. Call the web company before you make a purchase. In case you have some kind of problem with your purchase, you want so that you can know that you could reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you allow them to have your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And when you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to meet the brand new deal.
4. After you have found the items you want, check to see if there are any coupons offered. There are many websites that offer coupons. These coupons can be a certain percent off, a certain dollar amount off or free freight. Many times several coupons are given. If this is the case, choose the one that will save you as much as possible.
5. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.