1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews with a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know there is a problem.
2. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
3. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is absolutely no website that really needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one which has a better reputation.
5. Before shopping from a store that is unfamiliar with you, find out what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.