1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll discover how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by performing a simple search. Just type in the name in the store and coupon and you may find a great discount. This can be a great way to spend less when you shop online.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you notice there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. Sign up for your chosen online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are in the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.