1. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you can find any damages you should be aware of.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering creating a purchase on an item that you may want to return, be sure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items are unable to be returned and you do not want to be tied to an unwanted item.
3. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the actual way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions on its business before you buy anything.
4. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" instead of the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For example, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and find out if they are available to be shipped to you.