1. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to a price you like. And in case you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the newest deal.
2. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles things like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.
3. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer support if you have a question. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll obtain a better deal if you get them used. Depending on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
5. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store features a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through a different store.