1. When you're shopping online you have to be sure that you know who you're buying from. If you're buying with an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see should they be a reputable company by looking for reviews to them online.
2. Online shopping is a great way to find items that are out of stock at your local store. For instance, if you are unable to find a certain size of jeans at the store in your area, you can look on the store's website and learn if they are offered to be shipped to you.
3. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are quicker to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
5. Before buying from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see how it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also look into the BBB to find out if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.