1. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
2. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with assorted sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. While shopping online, it is essential that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are currently considering buying from. You can get information about the website from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them might lead to you obtaining the products you probably did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
4. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to accomplish this so you may not find out the hard way and lose your cash.
5. Before buying coming from a new online retailer, do your homework on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles items like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions regarding its business before you buy anything.