1. Be aware of the dangers of shopping online with your mobile device. Although it's convenient for a number of reasons, it does put your personal information at an elevated risk for eavesdropping. Public wi-fi and abbreviated URLs are much easier to get around than conventional computing from home, so save your shopping fix for that safest conditions.
2. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you go for the first sale you see, there is a chance you may miss out on a better deal elsewhere.
3. Get familiar with the shipping facts of an online retailer. Their shipping policy should be outlined in a separate section to illustrate the average time you should get your items, geographic restrictions, shipping choices, possible shipping insurance, and what their shipping and handling fees are. Use this all information to determine if these costs and options fit well for you, your budget, along with your area before you place an order.
4. Should you be shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is no website that really needs this number for you to buy something. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you may be on a scam website. Leave this site and discover one which has a better reputation.
5. Look for online coupons when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out reductions for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter in the name of the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This is a great way to save money when you shop online.