1. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There will also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, according to which browser you use.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the charge card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges that you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
4. When searching out the best price for any big ticket item, be sure to check the store reviews to determine if other customers experienced a good knowledge about them. Additionally it is a good idea to check with the Better Business Bureau also. You want to be sure that the business is legitimate and values you as a client.
5. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.