1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to make a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If a person was able to check this out password, they could have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to some price you prefer. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you are able to ask for a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
3. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Make an effort to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only order from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by searching for reviews on them online.
5. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help both of you because you'll remember if you've enjoyed a good experience from them, and they can also obtain a reputation being a seller.