1. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with an excellent reputation.
2. If you think that you will be making a lot of online purchases later on, consider trying to get a separate bank card to use only for these transactions. It is simpler to track all transactions should they be the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the owner to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
4. Transform it into a habit to sign up for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will let you know when a product has dropped to your price you want. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can ask for a price adjustment to fulfill the new deal.
5. Look for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers going on. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site of the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on message boards or couponning blogs.