1. For those who have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function around the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer service representative to correct any issues or answer any questions prior to buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
2. In case a company has a newsletter, sign up. Often, companies will give sneak peeks, deals and coupon codes to people on their own mailing list. However, be careful. You don't want to sign up for every company's newsletter or you'll soon be buried under endless emails. Only join a company's newsletter if you really like their products and would use a promotion code.
3. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. If you are looking at purchasing coming from a seller the first time, take a moment to carefully examine their past customer reviews. As a general rule this will give you an approximate idea of what type of goods and services you ought to expect yourself. Anyone who has been rated lowly time and time again needs to be given a broad swerve.
5. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.