1. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase in a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have a problem with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
2. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you understand is secure, like the one which you have at home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places if they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
3. When shopping online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to buy online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Attempt to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never use a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
4. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so search for sites and testimonials which can be terrible so you know what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some kind of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.