1. When you shop online, you should be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to purchase online. Using a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal at risk of hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never utilize a public Wi-Fi hot spot to shop.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer service if you have a matter. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll learn how helpful customer service is and just how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have in the event that something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Internet shopping is a terrific way to save money since you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that this online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save a lot more money.
4. Ensure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Look for "https://" inside the URL from the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no sign of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people with your account information.
5. Be wary of the emails you obtain, even if they appear to be from the retailer you trust. Never click on a hyperlink that directs you to a website other than usually the one you shopped on. Should you do, you may become vulnerable to a gimmick. Rather than simply clicking on an email hyperlink, just go up to your browser and type in the web site you need to go to. It is actually much safer that way.