1. When you shop online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online makes it very easy to get the best price for just about any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.
2. If a website is not secure, do not make a purchase. Simply search for at the web address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your bank card information. However, if there is no "s" inside the address, move on to a different site to be on the safe side.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Before making a purchase, make a price comparison on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best bargain possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and when there are free shipping options available to you.
5. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal whenever you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.