1. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every couple of weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for the strongest passwords.
2. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
3. If you find a fantastic product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
4. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Do more research in the online store you are considering before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will more than likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stay with online stores with the excellent reputation.