1. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a certain quantity. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
2. Check out coupon sites. Whatever you want to buy could have coupons or discount codes. Before you buy something, ensure that you have the ability to take a few seconds and do a quick search. You may even wish to bookmark some coupon sites to have ready when you buy.
3. Make it a habit to register for price alerts. This goes even for purchases that you've recently made. Price alerts will tell you when a product has dropped to a price you like. And if you've recently purchased at full price, you can request a price adjustment to meet the new deal.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save cash, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you are shopping online, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up-to-date copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.