1. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you may not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
2. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of if the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you also must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
3. If you have questions while shopping, search for a live chat function on the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. It is possible to chat immediately with a customer care representative to fix any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of reassurance.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.
5. While shopping online, use a credit card rather than a debit card. This is because bank cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.