1. If you like an internet store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to keep up to date with great deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
2. When shopping for a specific item, check several different internet retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, you save as much as 25 percent. Look at a number of websites to successfully are getting the best deal. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs to your calculations.
3. If a website is not secure, do not buy something. Simply look up at the website address when you are shopping. If you notice an "https" instead of an "http," you can feel confident enough to insert your credit card information. However, if there is no "s" in the address, proceed to a different site to be on the safe side.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. Be cautious which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are around the up and up and which can be not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not seem sensible or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.