1. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the web. If you choose the first sale you see, there is a chance you are going to miss out on a much better deal elsewhere.
2. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a discount or some form of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with registering for the newsletter at any store you need to shop at.
3. Be careful when it comes to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, filled with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's preferable to be safe than sorry.
4. Speak with your friends with regards to their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to purchase. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
5. Look for coupon codes when shopping on the net. Many online stores give out discounts for various things and you can see them by doing a simple search. Just enter the name from the store and coupon and you might find a great discount. This really is a great way to cut costs when you shop online.