1. Be extra careful when you try to find shopping deals on social media marketing. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be easily impersonated as well as out-right hacked. Get your information about the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the main site from the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
2. Do more research on the online store you are looking at before ordering a product from them. If a store does not provide quality service or products, you will most likely find some negative reviews published on other sites. It is best to stick to online stores with the excellent reputation.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you are planning to be shopping on the web, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one which you have in the home. Hackers search for WI-Fi connections in public places while they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some good deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.