1. When shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This stands for hyper transfer protocol secure.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never an exciting experience.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. If you are planning to be online shopping, make sure that you do it from a computer connection you already know is secure, like the one that you have in the home. Hackers look for WI-Fi connections in public places when they are scouting for victims, so avoid shopping when using them.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted an order detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails about your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.