1. Discover the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you might want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is surely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you may not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. If you find an excellent product on your own favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
3. Online shopping is a terrific way to save money because you can look around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save a lot more money.
4. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will be sending out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, make sure that you use a credit card to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only responsible for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far concerning wave the $50 for you, meaning that you will not be out of pocket.