1. When you shop online, make sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to concern yourself with identity theft. In case a site lacks the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
2. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, find out what the store's reputation is similar to. You can usually do an internet search and find out what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the tough way and lose your hard earned money.
3. Speak to your friends about their favorite web stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no way you can find them all yourself. Talk to the people you know to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to look. This will save you a lot of time and energy.
4. Get engaged in the social media of the favorite online retailers. Brands with big online presences typically put a lot of money behind their social media, and this includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You can be one of the lucky ones scoring these handles just a quick follow or fanning.
5. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.