1. Call the online company before making a purchase. For those who have some kind of downside to your purchase, you want so that you can know that you can reach customer support easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your bank card information. If you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. When you're shopping online you need to be sure you know who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews to them online.
3. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
4. Before purchasing a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information regarding shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. If you like an internet store, subscribe to their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free freight or discounts on certain products.