1. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to learn which are around the up or higher and which are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a lot of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
2. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have a question. By contacting customer service before making your order, you'll find out how helpful customer support is and exactly how quickly they respond. This really is useful information to have when something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
3. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which usually have promotions and sales. This can translate into savings for you as you may get a discount in the item as well as free shipping, which can add up to bigger savings if you pick from the site often.
4. When you shop online, ensure that the online store offers secure checkout. This helps protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the site is encrypted search for into your web browser's URL box. The site is secured if the website starts with https. This is short for hyper transfer protocol secure.
5. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will make sure that you have a safe online shopping experience.