1. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores also have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their discount codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
2. When you shop online, you have to be extra careful if you are using your cellphone to get online. Employing a public Wi-Fi can leave your personal susceptible to hackers. Try to only use your secured network when shopping online using a cellphone and never make use of a public Wi-Fi hot location to shop.
3. Sign-up for any id theft protection your credit card company offers, specifically if you shop online often. No matter how safe you are or how diligently you believe you are able to protect your data, it's never one hundred percent guaranteed. Take full advantage of automatic ID protection and know you will have back-up, should the worst occur.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Many times companies offer expedited shipping. However, many times getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing exactly what was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a copy of this or save a copy to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Make sure to save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.