1. When you shop online, make sure the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you can safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. When a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
2. Although it may seem tedious, ensure you read the contract and terms before you purchase at a website. These documents have valuable information on what you can and cannot do when you have an issue with the item that you bought. Read them thoroughly in order that you do not have an unwelcome surprise when trying to return items.
3. A great way to stay safe when shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email coming from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.
4. Do not spend too much funds on shipping. Shipping charges can really add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free delivery once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that permits you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.
5. While shopping online, it's best to look around to find the best price. Shopping online can make it very easy to find the best price for virtually any items. While shopping around, make sure that you only consider the prices from places where you'd feel comfortable buying from. Even if a value is great, it won't matter if you don't want to order from that place.