1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. Should you shop frequently at a certain website or online store, it may be worth it to enroll in their email updates which normally have special offers and sales. This can translate into savings for you personally as you may get yourself a discount in the item or even free shipping, which could add up to bigger savings if you purchase from the site often.
3. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or greater than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
4. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to ensure that you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into exactly what it will cost for your shipping on your items and if there are free freight options accessible to you.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to spend less, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.