1. If you like an internet store, sign up for their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals inside your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to remain up to date with discounted prices and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
2. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about it. The internet could be a great way to discover other people's experiences with different sites. When the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the customer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. If you have questions while shopping, choose a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to repair any issues or answer any questions before you purchase. That can give you a lot of peace of mind.
4. When you enjoy the comfort of frequent internet shopping, it's extremely important to keep changing the passwords you use for each account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for your bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
5. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails asking for personal information or account information.