1. Always remember your budget and credit limits when shopping online. The virtual world of online shopping has got a lot of people in serious debt. You need to examine online shopping in the same manner you look at offline shopping. Never buy items online that you don't have the cash to pay for.
2. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the both of you because you'll remember whether or not you've had a good experience from them, and they will also gain a reputation being a seller.
3. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you continue an online store site and find out that as being a requirement, usually do not buy anything from them and shop elsewhere.
4. When you are shopping on the web, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the web site URL and it should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer also. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.