1. Be mindful where you submit your charge card information. If you are shopping online, only use secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to guard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS as opposed to the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in both your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.
3. Once you enjoy the comfort of frequent shopping online, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a brand new password for the bank as well as the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for that strongest passwords.
4. When shopping online, choose the best shipping policy. Often companies offer expedited shipping. However, often getting the product one day earlier can cost you as much as twice the normal shipping price. Therefore, if you can wait on the product to arrive using normal shipping instead of expedited shipping, choose standard shipping to save money.
5. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to fit into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.