1. Be wary of overdoing it. It is much easier to overspend when you find yourself shopping online. You start to rationalize that you can spend more money for those shoes because you saved money on gas and the food you would have gotten in the event you went to the mall, for instance. Give yourself a restriction and stick to it.
2. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as much reviews as possible. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general concept of whether or not the item you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
3. Get engaged in the social media of your own favorite online stores. Brands with big online presences typically put plenty of cash behind their social media, and that includes offering their followers some mega-discounts and exclusive deals. You may be one of the lucky ones scoring these deals with just a quick follow or fanning.
4. Look for the right times to shop online. Often the stores that you frequent will have online sales that follow a time pattern. Many, for instance, schedule sales for the beginning of the month or at the end. If you see there's a pattern, hold off on buying anything until the upcoming sales period begins.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.