1. If you're making an online purchase, don't hesitate to contact customer care if you have an issue. By contacting customer service before you make your order, you'll discover how helpful customer care is and how quickly they respond. This is useful information to have in case something goes completely wrong after you've made your purchase.
2. Always look for discount codes when shopping on the web. Many internet retailers give out reduced prices for various things and you can see them by carrying out a simple search. Just enter in the name from the store and coupon and you could find a great discount. This can be a great way to cut costs when you shop online.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Find out if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
4. While shopping online, be sure the site you might be on starts off with "https". The "S" implies that the site is secure, which entails that one could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site does not have the "S" in it, you might like to avoid using it.
5. Do not spend too much money on shipping. Shipping charges can definitely add up. Many sites offer free shipping, free freight once you spend a certain amount, or have a coupon code that allows you to get free shipping. Instead of paying your hard earned money on shipping, look for a store that ships for free.