1. Learn the online store's return policy. If you are considering building a purchase on an item that you may want to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is definitely an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items cannot be returned and you do not want to be stuck with an unwanted item.
2. If you feel you will be making a lot of online purchases down the road, consider applying for a separate credit card to use simply for these transactions. It is easier to track all transactions if they are the only items listed on this card's transaction records. Additionally, you don't need to worry about your own funds being compromised, even temporarily, if you are a victim of fraud.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking with a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than. Make sure to browse the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.
4. If you want to save money on the products you purchase online and wish to make shopping online more fun, consider auction sites. You will get some terrific deals if you place your bids on the right moment and have some fun while browsing through auctions. Learn more about bidding strategies just before getting started.
5. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are more than pleased to complain about bad service online, so look for sites and testimonials which are terrible so you are aware what you're getting into. You should take bad reviews using a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.