1. A fantastic tip to keep in mind when you're thinking about shopping online is to make certain the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. Learn the online store's return policy. In case you are considering making a purchase on an item that you might like to return, ensure you find out if returning the item is an option. Sometimes when you shop online, items can not be returned and you do not want to be saddled with an unwanted item.
3. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
4. Be careful where you submit your charge card information. When you find yourself shopping online, always employ secure sites. These are sites that have taken steps to safeguard your valuable information. A secured website will begin with HTTPS instead of the standard HTTP. There may also be a locked icon, in a choice of your address or status bar, based on which browser you use.
5. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are only shopping on secure websites. Look in the website URL and it also should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Usually have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer too. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.