1. When you are making any purchases online and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make your account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
2. When you're shopping online you have to be sure you are aware who you're buying from. If you're buying upon an online auction site, only purchase from people that have positive feedback. On other sites look to see if they are a reputable company by trying to find reviews on them online.
3. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a reduction or some type of deal once you sign up for their newsletter. Determine whether there is a deal associated with signing up for the newsletter at any store you want to shop at.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. When you find yourself making a purchase online, ensure that you use credit cards to pay for the transaction. Credit card users are protected against fraud by federal law and are only liable for $50 in these cases. Some card agencies will even go so far as to wave the $50 for you, which means you will not be out of pocket.