1. A great way to stay safe while shopping online is to avoid clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from the company, go to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
2. When you are creating any purchases on the web and you are required to create a user account, never make use of the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of e-mail or banking password to make an account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they might have access to more than simply your profile on the retailer's store.
3. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking in a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to browse the description so that you know exactly what you are purchasing.
4. To help protect your credit, use only one credit card for online purchases. This will help you quickly track your spending habits when the credit card statement will come in the mail. If you notice any charges which you did not make, call the credit card company immediately and report it to them.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online simply by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They might offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.