1. A great tip to remember when you're thinking about online shopping is to ensure the site is legit. You don't want to be giving your credit card information away to somebody who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe to use.
2. When you are searching for a place to buy a specific thing and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you should be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, which means you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
3. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Dependant upon the condition you receive them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
4. Be sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of when the site is secure or not. You do not want your information being compromised in nowadays. Identity theft is very common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
5. Be careful in regard to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the online store is poorly designed, packed with misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's safer to be safe than sorry.