1. Sign up for the website's newsletter if they have one. Many times stores will give you a price reduction or some type of deal when you sign up for their newsletter. Determine if there is a deal associated with subscribing to the newsletter at any store you would like to shop at.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Doing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. While shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money in your bank account. When a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within a point of hours.
4. To safeguard yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the customer is responsible for is really a mere $50.00 as compared to debit cards where the entire balance can be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.