1. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in an internet search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to successfully can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars that way.
2. If you're worried about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise not, do some research about this. The internet can be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
3. Do not forget to comparison shop when you are looking for things online. People usually do this when shopping in physical stores, but they don't think about it on the Internet. If you opt for the first sale you see, there exists a chance you may miss out on an improved deal somewhere else.
4. If you want to buy books online, you'll get yourself a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you get them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read the description of the book to see if there are any damages you should be aware of.
5. Try to find coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their online coupons on message boards or couponning blogs.