1. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Often times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you might be able to score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
2. Find out more about the payment methods offered by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option only when the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through an alternative store.
3. When shopping online, use a credit card as opposed to a debit card. This is because credit cards are based on your credit, not the amount of money within your bank account. If a internet hacker gets your banking information, they can completely ruin you within dependent on hours.
4. Never give out your Social Security number with an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you go on an online store site and find out that as a requirement, do not buy everything from them and shop someplace else.
5. When shopping for a certain item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a bit of searching, it can save you as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to make sure you are getting the best offer. When figuring each website's price, ensure you include shipping costs into your calculations.