1. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes can be found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes trying to find it.
2. When shopping online, it is critical that you spend a little time looking at the site that you are considering buying from. You can get information about the web page from other sites and the Better Business Bureau. Not researching them could lead to you getting the products you did not order or getting billed more than you should have.
3. If you like an online store, join their email distribution list. You will probably receive some coupons and information about deals in your mailbox. Check these emails regularly to stay up to date with good deals and promotional offers. Most online stores often offer free delivery or discounts on certain products.
4. Be extra careful when you look for shopping deals on social networking. Although it's a great way to get announcements regarding sales and coupon-codes, social media marketing accounts can be easily impersonated or even out-right hacked. Get your information on the social networking sites, then proceed directly to the key site of the store mentioned to wheel and deal.
5. Never give out your Social Security number for an online merchant. This number is not required for placing orders online. Giving an online store your Social Security number can help them use your personal and private information to steal your identity. To prevent that, if you carry on an online store site and see that as being a requirement, do not buy anything from them and shop someplace else.