1. A good online shopping tip to remember is to leave feedback after buying from a source you've never bought from before. This will help the two of you because you'll remember if you've experienced a good experience from them, and they can also gain a reputation as a seller.
2. Before making a purchase, compare costs on several websites. Try to find special coupons and offers on these websites to make sure you are getting the best deal possible. Also look into what it will cost for the shipping on the items and in case there are free delivery options available to you.
3. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Most of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
4. Always save copies of your orders and receipts from online purchases. Many stores will redirect one to a page after you've submitted a purchase detailing everything that was bought, customer information, the prices, etc. You should either print a duplicate of this or save a duplicate to your computer in case any issues arise before the end of the return period. Ensure that you save any emails regarding your items' status or correspondence with the company regarding your orders, too.
5. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to find out which are on the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not sound right or the design seems off, go to a different site. Furthermore, if a variety of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.