1. Shop around when shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from store to store. To be sure you get the best deal, look at a few different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to get the very best deal you can.
2. Be mindful which sites you patronize. It is difficult to know which are on the up and up and that are not, but there are a few clues. If the address does not make sense or the design seems off, go to a different site. Additionally, if a bunch of pop-up windows begin appearing, close them out and move on.
3. When shopping for a product online, take the time to read reviews. Try finding the same product on different sites to read as many reviews as you can. Reading many reviews will allow you to get a more general idea of whether or not the merchandise you are interested in meets high standards of quality.
4. Be careful in regards to the online stores that you consider buying from. If the web store is poorly designed, full of misspellings, and overall fishy, you should take your money elsewhere. These are signs that something might not be right about this store. It's better to be safe than sorry.
5. If you're considering buying a product online, browse the reviews. The reviews from other people that have used the product can give you a great idea about the product. You might be able to find out the standard of the product, when it worked as described, and if you should make the purchase.