1. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or otherwise, do some research about it. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with assorted sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the consumer service, shipping, and acquire a feel for the company without risking a lot of money.
2. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the cost of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on orders over a certain amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Having a full cart only to find out you are unable to afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it should display "https" rather than the usual "http" at the beginning. Also have an up to date copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will ensure that you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. If you find a fantastic product on your favorite site, search for it in the search engines before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to ensure that you can't have it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars like that.
5. Find out more about the payment methods provided by the online store you are interested in. Most stores give you the option to pay with credit cards or with PayPal. A charge card is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information about safety, it is advisable to go through another store.