1. In case you are shopping online, never give out your Social Security number. There is not any website that needs this number for you to make a purchase. If you are being asked for your Social Security number during checkout, you are probably on a scam website. Leave this site and locate one that includes a better reputation.
2. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Carrying out a quick search for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
3. If you're concerned about whether a shopping site is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet may be a great way to find out about other people's experiences with different sites. If the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can permit you to test out the client service, shipping, and obtain a feel for the organization without risking a lot of money.
4. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or larger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
5. Make sure to read all the information about any product you are considering purchasing. Just looking at a picture online can be deceiving sometimes. It can make a product look bigger or smaller than it is. Make sure to read the description which means you know exactly what you are actually purchasing.