1. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running that are not advertised on the home page. Carrying out a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
2. If you want to buy books online, you'll get a better deal if you get them used. Based on the condition you obtain them in, you may just end up paying a few cents plus shipping. Make sure you read through the description of the book to see if you will find any damages you should be aware of.
3. Make sure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is fairly common, and also you must protect your information in any way cost so you wish to keep making purchases online.
4. Pay close attention for potential sales online starting as soon as Wednesday. Many brick and mortar stores do sales on the weekends, and to compete, many internet retailers have moved their sales days up by a couple of days. You can often find exceptional mid-week bargains with just a little online research.
5. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "discount code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping by simply entering within a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes searching for it.