1. When shopping for a particular item, check several different online retailers. Many times with a little searching, you can save as much as 25 %. Look at a variety of websites to ensure that you are getting the best bargain. When figuring each website's price, make sure you include shipping costs in your calculations.
2. Before buying from a new online retailer, do some research on them. Check online reviews from other customers to see the way it handles stuff like customer service, shipping, and its overall buying experience. You can also check the BBB to determine if it has any disputes and whether those disputes were resolved professionally. Try contacting the company via email and phone number, if it's posted to ask questions about its business before you buy anything.
3. Whenever you enjoy the ease of frequent online shopping, it's essential to keep changing the passwords you use for each and every account. Every few weeks or so, make up a whole new password for the bank and also the shopping sites directly. Use abstract words, combined with numbers and other odd characters for your strongest passwords.
4. In case you have questions while shopping, look for a live chat function in the online store. Many big brands (and even some boutique stores) now have this functionality. You are able to chat immediately with a customer care representative to correct any issues or answer any questions before buying. That can provide you with a lot of peace of mind.
5. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful using the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if an item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.