1. While shopping online, be certain the site you are on starts off with "https". The "S" means that the site is secure, which entails that you could safely enter your personal information without having to be worried about identity theft. If a site lacks the "S" in it, you might want to avoid using it.
2. To protect yourself use a credit card while shopping online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the buyer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
3. While shopping online, be sure that the online store offers secure checkout. This will assist protect your own personal information from being stolen. To ensure the website is encrypted check out into your web browser's URL box. The website is secured if the website starts with https. This means hyper transfer protocol secure.
4. A great tip to consider when you're thinking about online shopping is to make sure the site is legit. You don't desire to be giving your credit card information away to someone who could potentially scam you. Always look at the site to tell if it's professional and safe for use.
5. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Lots of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their home page. Carrying out a quick hunt for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.