1. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, visit the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails seeking personal information or account information.
2. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can check around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so you should be able to find a great deal that will help you save much more money.
3. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "promotion code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They could offer a percentage off or free shipping simply by entering in a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
4. Search for coupons before purchasing a product online. Most online stores always have some promotional offers happening. If you do not find any information about current offers on the site from the online store, look on other sites. Customers sometimes share their coupon codes on discussion boards or couponning blogs.
5. Make sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Search for "https://" inside the URL in the site that you're trying to buy something from. If you don't see that or no symbol of any website security, then it's probably a great idea not to trust those people along with your account information.