1. Call the online company before making a purchase. If you have some kind of trouble with your purchase, you want in order to know that you can reach customer service easily. That's why it's a good idea to call before you provide them with your credit card information. Should you can't get anyone on the phone, steer clear.
2. When getting things shipped to your home that you bought online, know your consumer rights regarding time tables and condition of merchandise. You have a straight to receive items according to the terms stated once you ordered them and reasonable expectations of goods being undamaged. Consult with the BBB for exact specifics and obtain what's coming to you fairly!
3. Before shopping from a store that is new to you, discover what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and learn what others think of the business. It is best to do that so you do not find out the hard way and lose your hard earned money.
4. Sign up for your favorite online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores sends out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some terrific deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.
5. If you're worried about whether a shopping website is legitimate or not, do some research about this. The internet could be a great way to learn about other people's experiences with different sites. In the event the reviews of others seem promising, consider making a small first order. This can allow you to test out the client service, shipping, and gain a feel for the business without risking a lot of money.