1. When you are making any purchases on the web and you are required to produce a user account, never use the same passwords that you use on other websites. Do not make use of your e-mail or banking password to make a free account to buy shoes from a web retailer. If someone was able to check this out password, they can have access to not only your profile on the retailer's store.
2. Many online shopping sites offer discounts if you use a "coupon code". These codes are often found online by entering the words "coupon code" along with the manufacturer or name of the website you will be buying from. They may offer a percentage off or free shipping just by entering inside a simple code which can be easily found by investing a few minutes looking for it.
3. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the buying price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to squeeze into your budget after you've added everything to your cart. Possessing a full cart only to find out you can not afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
4. Before shopping from a store that is a new comer to you, learn what the store's reputation is much like. You can usually do a web-based search and discover what others think of the business. It is best to do this so you do not find out the difficult way and lose your hard earned money.
5. Sign up for your preferred online stores' newsletters. Many times online stores will send out daily, weekly or monthly newsletters with special sales, discounts and deals. If you like to save money, you could possibly score some great deals on items you were going to purchase anyway.