1. Read customer testimonials before you buy anything. People are delighted to complain about bad service online, so try to find sites and testimonials that are terrible so that you know what you're getting into. You ought to take bad reviews having a grain of salt, but if you see many, you know you will find a problem.
2. A great way to stay safe when you shop online is to prevent clicking any web addresses that are sent into your email. If you are expecting an email from a company, proceed to the actual website and do not click any links. Legitimate businesses do not send emails requesting personal information or account information.
3. When shopping online, most places only accept debit or credit cards. Keep this in mind when you are choosing a site to shop from. In the event you don't feel at ease providing the company with your charge card information, look for another site. Try to find a web site that offers a good page when you're adding your charge card information.
4. When shopping online, always try to keep in mind the price of shipping. Many sites offer free shipping on purchases over a specific amount. In the event that you do have to pay shipping, make sure that it is going to match your budget after you've added everything in your cart. Using a full cart only to find out you cannot afford the shipping is never a fun experience.
5. Shop around while shopping online. You will probably find that prices for certain items can vary greatly from one store to another. To be sure you get the best deal, look at some different stores to find out their prices, as well as shipping charge. This will allow you to obtain the best deal it is possible to.