1. If you find a great product on your own favorite site, search for it in a search engine before you buy it. Make note of the model number or brand, and do a quick search to make sure you can't get it cheaper from somewhere else. You might be able to save a few dollars this way.
2. Ensure that when you buy something online, you are aware of in the event the site is secure or not. You may not want your information being compromised in this day and age. Identity theft is very common, and you must protect your information at all cost so that you will wish to keep making purchases online.
3. When you are online shopping, make sure that you are just shopping on secure websites. Look in the site URL and it also should display "https" as opposed to the usual "http" at the beginning. Always have an updated copy of anti-virus running on your computer as well. This will make certain you have a safe online shopping experience.
4. To safeguard yourself use a credit card when shopping online. The government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance may be withdrawn by internet hackers.
5. Discover more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores supply you with the option to pay with a charge card or with PayPal. A credit card is a safe option only if the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is best to go through a different store.