1. When you are searching for a location to buy a product and no results appear to be from familiar retailers, you ought to be hesitant about entering your information. Look for security signs from Verisign or Cybertrust, so that you know the retailer is not to take your hard earned money.
2. Internet shopping is a great way to save money as you can shop around so easily. If you're looking to save as much money as possible, remember to check out any deals that the online store may offer. Most stores offer some from of sale or deal frequently, so that you should be able to find a great deal that may help you save even more money.
3. Find out more about the payment methods available from the online store you are interested in. Most stores provide you with the option to pay with a credit card or with PayPal. Credit cards is a safe option as long as the store includes a secure server. If you do not see any information regarding safety, it is recommended to go through a different store.
4. Before buying a product online, find out more about shipping. If you do not find any information about shipping costs, contact the seller to find out if there are additional charges for shipping. If there are several shipping options, choose an affordable and reliable option to make sure you receive your product quickly.
5. Be sure that you're entering your payment details on a secure site. Try to find "https://" in the URL in the site that you're attempting to buy something from. If you don't see that or no indication of any website security, then it's probably a good idea not to trust those people along with your account information.