1. To guard yourself use a credit card when you shop online. The federal government has passed laws to protect consumers in the event of fraud. The amount the consumer is responsible for is actually a mere $50.00 as compared to atm cards where the entire balance could be withdrawn by internet hackers.
2. If you're purchasing clothes or shoes online, be careful with all the sizing. Some items typically run smaller or bigger than normal. Some shopping sites will advertise if an item runs true to size. If the site doesn't list anything about sizing, glance at the reviews. In most cases, if the item is running larger or smaller, the reviewers will let you know.
3. A reputable online seller must have a history that is recorded with the Better Business Bureau. Check with the BBB before you decide to part with your hard earned money to see if there have been any major or continual complaints lodged against them. You don't wish to be spending your money using a company that fails to provide.
4. Before going shopping at any online retailer, do a quick search for promotional codes. Many of the big retailers often have promotions running which are not advertised on their own home page. Performing a quick look for these codes will allow you to insert the code at checkout to save money.
5. Speak to your friends about their favorite online stores. There are millions of sites out there, and there is no method for you to find them all yourself. Talk to the people you understand to find out who the reputable online retailers are, and where they like to shop. This can help you save a lot of time as well as.